araptirop

An extended backpacking jaunt around Ethiopia.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC, United States

I lead a rich inner life, appreciate a good marshmallow, and have been known to indulge in the occasional Wednesday afternoon tryst underneath the linden tree. I am currently between extended trips to East Africa; this is my story.

12 October 2006

How to Help

There are a number ways for everyone to help me with this project. Here are a couple of suggestions, but feel free to innovate:

  • Leave comments: This helps me refine my thinking and encourages me to keep posting. It's easy: just click "comments" at the end of the post. No authentication is required; you can post anonymously if you like.
  • Check grammar and spelling: The blog form is, in general, conducive to errors in judgment and syntax, but especially so when traveling in places where internet access is shaky at best. I won't always have the time or soundness of mind for exacting proofreading, so please e-mail me or leave a comment of you notice something awry. (I often confuse homonyms, for instance)
  • E-mail me: E-mail with questions or concerns--> araptirop AT gmail DOT com.
  • Give me money: Make sure I am properly nourished and have enough capital to invest in twisted lechery by supporting my sponsors--chosen by no less an arbiter than Google; they're actually pretty interesting.
  • Give me lots of money: Once you realize that my travelogue is worth more than the $20 you paid to read Theroux and probably the most significant collection of travel writing to appear since the advent of modernity, you'll probably want to sink a healthy chunk of sweet scratch into the venture. Scroll down to the PayPal button and fatten my bank account--it's currently emaciated.
  • Spread the word: Tell your friends, fellow Africa enthusiasts, priest or police. Also, please link to my blog if you have a site or blog of your own. E-mail me (see above) if you think I should link to you. Which leads us nicely to our next topic...
  • Send me links: Is there a great website or book out there that I absolutely must read at the peril of publicly broadcast ignorance? Is there something about somewhere I'm going that I need to know or you want to tell me about? Again, please E-mail me.

That's the provisional list. Any suggestions?

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucille Haake said...

Hi. Just so you know I checked out one of your sponsored listing. I'm not big on travel though. I think you have a good site.

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traveling into the heart of darkness I see...there is a 200 dollar reward for the body of Captain Kurtz. So let the hunt begin! Beware of the Voodoo Women, though, their spells promise an eternity of hell and I dont know if thats worth 200 bucks...Matar?

8:54 PM  
Blogger araptirop said...

Matar, you sly old dog, nice to see ya.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home