araptirop

An extended backpacking jaunt around Ethiopia.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, DC, United States

I lead a rich inner life, appreciate a good marshmallow, and have been known to indulge in the occasional Wednesday afternoon tryst underneath the linden tree. I am currently between extended trips to East Africa; this is my story.

03 November 2006

Ad Nonsense

The Google AdSense is acting up again. And it's almost impossible for me to talk about. You see, once a week, the Google Adsense bots storm my blog and index everything. AdSense is designed to provide ads relevant to the content. So any words I write that refer to the ads' topics will only reinforce them.

At first, everything was great. All the ads concerned Africa--safari companies and the like. Now, however, ever since my forays into other topics, the AdSense has been displaying ads concerning, well...you can see for yourself.

After writing about my contempt for a certain mode of transport and their users, the ads were all plugging the very object of my hatred--the height of irony. And now a deleted post about a right-wing radio talk show host and his illegal use of contraband is responsible for the current ads which give you a somewhat inaccurate idea of what this blog and I are about.

Things should be cleared up next week, when the bots again storm the html. Until then, thanks for reserving judgment.

Labels: ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home